Consegna’s extensive experience across all phases of the migration acceleration programme life cycle ensure the highest standards in delivery for our clients.
The first phase of a cloud migration begins with Consegna performing a Migration Readiness Assessment (MRA) which gives you:
- An understanding about how far along your enterprise is on the cloud journey
- An understanding of your current strengths and weaknesses in relation to a cloud-ready enterprise
- An action plan to close identified gaps
This assessment is based on the AWS Cloud Adoption Framework (AWS CAF) and its six perspectives: business, people, governance, platform, security, and operations. Using this framework during the assessment phase helps ensure that you have a holistic view of the transformation initiative that will support an effective move to the cloud. The assess phase includes a rapid discovery process with high-level TCO assessment in addition to the MRA.
Consegna builds capability in your organization with AWS through hands-on migration experience focused on security and operations automation. This process brings together our portfolio of tools and practices in a scalable and secure AWS landing zone. In this phase, we help you migrate a small set of business applications to the cloud, while enforcing an agile and scalable delivery culture, team structure, and change management process.
This work is carried out across eight distinct workstreams:
- Detailed business case
- Detailed portfolio discovery
- Application migration
- Migration governance
- AWS landing zone
- Security, risk, and compliance
- People: skills, culture, change, and leadership
The Consegna mobilisation process delivers the following outcomes:
- Improves your staff’s skill and competency by building confidence
- Define and automate security, risk, and compliance policies to accommodate operational controls
- Define and implement an AWS landing zone that scales as we help migrate additional applications
- Establishes your cloud operating model
- Runs applications in production capacity
These skills and capabilities build momentum and accelerate your migration efforts over time. Establishing the right foundation to build on is key and Consegna balances the business and technical efforts with the best strategies for planning and executing a successful cloud migration.
20-50 percent of an enterprise application portfolio consists of repeated patterns that can be optimised by a factory approach, so Consegna works with you to build a Migration Factory using the patterns, processes, tools, resources, and methodology defined and tested during the mobilise phase to migrate applications at scale. Larger and more complex applications often follow the refactor/rearchitect pattern, and Consegna’s Architects, Dev/Ops Specialists and SecOps Specialists work here to enable you to succeed with a migration to AWS.